- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Cut in butter to half a pea size, as for pie dough.
- Beat eggs slightly with milk.
- Mix egg mixture into flour mixture with fork only until dough begins to leave sides of bowl.
- Divide dough into two parts with a fork, right in the bowl.
- Sprinkle some flour, about 1 to 2 tablespoons, onto one corner of cookie sheet.
- Dump half the dough onto that floured corner and shape into a five-inch circle.
- You might have to sprinkle some flour on top of dough circle.
- Cut with a knife into 8 pie shaped wedges.
- They will be small but don’t worry about it because they’ll expand while baking.
- Dip the knife in some of the flour if needed so it doesn’t stick to dough.
- Arrange the cut pieces on the other end of cookie sheet, four pieces to a row.
- Repeat with other half of dough and arrange those cut pieces on the half of the cookie sheet you
- Bake at 375 degrees F. about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 16 pieces.