- 2-3 golden delicious apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ground cinnamon
- 6 slices bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 dash vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar
- Cook peeled, cored and sliced apples in water about 8 minutes over medium-low heat or until
- Remove apples and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, cinnamon, sugar and 2 tablespoons water- Mix until smooth.
- Cook until thickened and clear.
- Add apples.
- Beat eggs with milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Dip each bread slice in mixture- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot and top with poached apple slices.