Apple Normandy Cheesecake
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter Preheat oven to 325°F. In medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well to moisten. Press crumbs in bottom and 3/4 way up sides of 10−inch spring−form pan. Set aside.
- 32 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup all−purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons applejack brandy or 1/4 cup apple juice
- 14 to 16 (1/4−inch) peeled apple slices
1. In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract; mix at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs one at a time until of batter consistency. Add flour, cinnamon and brandy or apple juice; gently mix until combined. Pour into crust−lined pan.
2. Bake for 1 hour. Fan apple slices on top of cheesecake; bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Yields 14 to 16 servings.