Baked Crab Quesadillas
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 jalapeno pepper,seeded
- 1 and finely chopped
- 1 centiliter garlic, minced
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup shrredded monterey jack
- 1 cheese with jalapeno peppers
1. Combine butter and oil; set aside. Saute’ onions, peppers, and garlic in 2 Tbl. reserved butter mixture in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, stirring constanty, until tender. Remove from heat.
2. Gently stir in crabmeat and next 3 ingredients. Place tortillas on baking sheets; brush 1 side of each tortilla, and sprinkle with cheese.
3. Fold in half. Bake at 475 degrees F. for 4 minutes or until golden. Cut each tortilla into thirds. Serve warm.