BERRY, BERRY STRAWBERRY
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup strawberries pieces
1. This is best made with fresh strawberries in season. Of course, that means you can only enjoy for a few weeks in the late spring, then you have to wait a whole year. It’s worth the wait.
2. Take two pints of fresh, ripe strawberries, and prepare them by cleaning and topping them and cutting them into medium sized pieces. Then add in 1/2 cup of sugar and the juice of 1/2 lemon.
3. Let them sit in the refrigerator overnight and then when the ice cream mix (see Old Time Vanilla recipe) has been prepared and aged (chilled in the refrigerator for four hours), add the juice from the strawberry preparation to the mix along with 10 drops of red food coloring and placethe remaining strawberries in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator while you freeze the mix according to the manufacturer’s directions.
4. When the ice cream is almost frozen, add in the strawberries and finish freezing.