Manzo alla Boscaiola rib eye steaks smothered in a tomato, onion, garlic, mushroom white wine sauce.
- 1 oz porcini mushrooms, dried
- 1/2 cup white wine dry
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano salt, to taste black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 ea. 1/2 ” thick rib eye steaks
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion, sliced chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. In small bowl, place dried porcini mushrooms and add warm water to cover; allow to soak for 20 minutes. Drain and coarsely chop. Transfer to saute pan.
2. Add white wine, tomatoes with juice and oregano; bring sauce to boil over medium heat; season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes.
3. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place steaks in hot oil and fry 4 minutes per side; add garlic and onions; cook an additional 2 minutes.
4. Transfer onions to serving platter; place steaks on top of onions. Pour mushroom sauce over steaks. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.