- * 2 onion, chopped
- * 2 cloves garlic, minced
- * 3 tablespoons butter
- * 1 pound black beans, soaked overnight,
- * drained
- * 1 ham bone, cracked
- * 1 stalk celery, chopped
- * 1 bay leaf
- * 1/2 cup sherry, or dry white wine
- * salt and pepper, to taste
Saute onions and garlic in butter until transparent. combine with
beans, hame bone, celery, bay leaf, and 2 quarts water in the Crock
Pot. Cook on high, covered for 2 hours, then on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Remove ham bone and bay leaf. Puree soup and return to pot.
Add sherry, salt and pepper and heat through. Serve in soup bowls
garnished with chopped hard-boiled eggs, parsley, and lemon slices.