- 1 3/4 cups plus
- 2 tablespoons Calvados
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup(below)
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
1. Heat 1 1/2 cups Calvados in a saucepan over medium heat until warm. Turn off the heat, stand back and touch a lit match to the Calvados.
2. Let it flame until the flames die down, about 8 minutes. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons unflamed Calvados and the simple syrup.
3. Pour the mixture into the bowl of the machine and freeze. Makes about 1 quart Place the water and sugar in a saucepan and simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate in a covered jar.
Makes about 1 quart