Caramel Apples Chocolate
Makes 8 apples
- 1 piece of Styrofoam
- 1 apples
- 8 ice cream sticks
- 12 packages (14 oz each) creamy caramels
- 2 tbs. water
- 3/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 8 foil cupcake liners
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
1. Place Styrofoam on a flat surface. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Remove stems from apples. Insert wooden stick into stem of each apple. Place caramels in saucepan.
2. Add the water, heat stirring until caramels are melted. Working quickly with one apple at a time, and keeping caramel over low heat, dip the apple into the caramel, turning to coat the apple, remove the apple from the caramel and gently shake. Pat pistachios onto top of apple, place on prepared sheet.
3. Refrigerate until caramel is cool. Heat chocolate in top of double boiler, until melted. Drizzle chocolate over apples. Press apples sticks into Styrofoam.
4. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens. Remove from Styrofoam to foil cupcake liners