Chicken Scaloppini cappellini tossed with pancetta, mushrooms, artichoke hearts and capers in a lemon-butter sauce and topped with chicken.
- 1 lb. cappellini pasta, cooked oil & butter for sauteing chicken
- 6-8 chicken breasts, (3-oz. each) pounded thin 2 3/4 cups flour, seasoned with salt and pepper, for dredging
- 6 oz. pancetta, cooked
- 12 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 12 oz. artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers chopped parsley, for garnish
Lemon Butter Sauce:
- 4 oz. lemon juice
- 2 oz. white wine
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- 1 lb. butter, (4 sticks) salt & pepper, to taste
1. Prepare Lemon Butter Sauce: In small saucepan, combine lemon juice and white wine. Place over medium heat; whisk to combine and bring to boil; continue to heat until reduced by one-third.
2. Add cream, whisking to combine; reduce heat and simmer (never boil cream) until mixture thickens – about 3 to 4 minutes. Gradually add butter, whisking to incorporate after each addition. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; keep warm.
3. Cook pasta until al dente; drain; do not rinse.
4. In large skillet, heat a bit of oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Dredge chicken in flour, shake off excess and place in hot pan. Cook, turning once, until brown and cooked through. Juices should run clear. Remove from pan; set aside.
5. Add remaining ingredients to pan; saute until mushrooms have softened and are cooked; return chicken to pan.
6. Add half of butter sauce to pan; toss to coat; remove from heat.
7. Plate cooked pasta; place chicken mixture over pasta; drizzle with a little more butter sauce. Serve hot. Garnish with chopped parsley.