Scampi chicken breasts sauteed with bell peppers, roasted garlic and onions in a garlic cream sauce over angel hair pasta.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced bell peppers, thinly sliced red onions, thinly sliced
- 10 cloves of garlic, roasted
- 1/2 package angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup hot milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white sauce
1. Prepare the white sauce: Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a sauce pan, add 2 tablespoons flour and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat, stirring constantly. Slowly add hot milk (hot so it won’t get lumpy). Set aside. Keep warm.
2. Prepare the scampi sauce. In sauce pan, heat butter over low heat; add the garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes on low heat. Add the wine and chicken broth. Stir until combined and simmer about 30 minutes. Add the white sauce and cook until slightly thickened.
3. In a large skillet, saute chicken in a little olive oil until almost done. Add the peppers and onions, then saute until chicken is cooked through. Add the scampi sauce. Saute until everything is warmed. Add roasted garlic cloves. Serve over pasta. Pour a little of the leftover white sauce over the dish.