Chocolate Drop Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans Pre-heat oven to 300° F.
1. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together.
3. Cream sugar and shortening together, beat in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix in nuts, if desired.
4. Place rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
5. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Move to a wire rack then cool completely.