Chocolate Vanilla Chip Biscotti
- 2 1/2 c All-purpose flour
- 1/3 c Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 ts Baking powder
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 c Brown sugar; packed
- 1/4 c Margarine or butter; softened
- 3 Eggs
- 1 c White vanilla chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F Spray 1 large or 2 small cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In med bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking powder; mix well. In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and margarine; beat well. Add flour mixture; mix well.
2. Stir in white vanilla chops. With spray coated hands, firmly shape dough into 3 rolls, about 7 inches long. Place rolls at least 3 inches apart on sprayed cookie sheet; flatten each to form 3/4 inch thick rectangle, about 3 inches wide and 7 inches long. Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-28 min or until rectangles are light golden brown and centers are firm to the touch. Place rectangles on wire racks; cool 5 min.
3. Wipe cookie sheet clean. With serrated knife, cut each rectangle into 1/2 inch slices; place, cut side up, on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 6-8 min or until top surface is slightly dry. Turn cookies over; bake an additional 6-8 min or until top surface is slightly dry.
4. Remove cookies from cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks. Store tightly covered.