This is the easiest fudge to make, and the best tasting maple fudge anywhere.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon maple flavored extract
- 1 teaspoon butter
1. In a large glass bowl, stir together the white sugar, brown sugar, cream and maple extract. Place in the microwave, and cook for 11 minutes on full power, or until a candy thermometer registers 234 – 240 degrees F (112 – 115 degrees C). Do not microwave the thermometer.
2. While the fudge is cooking, fill the sink with 2 to 3 inches of cold water, and add a few ice cubes if you like.
3. When the fudge has cooked, place the bowl into the cold water, being careful not to get any water into the mix. Stir in the butter, and continue stirring until the mixture is thick enough to wrap around the spoon.
4. Pour into a buttered 8 inch square dish, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Cut into small squares, and store in the refrigerator.
Original recipe yield: 64 pieces.