- 1 lb sausage (loose (hot or mild))
- 0 container biscuits (from the dairy section)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- Cook sausage, remove from pan and drain.
- In a saucepan over med.-high heat melt the butter-stir in the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add mustard, salt and pepper.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and stir 1 minute or until as thick as you want.
- Remove from the heat and add the cooked sausage.
- This recipe doubles really well.
- Serve over hot biscuits.