Garlic Bread with Philly Steak
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 1/2 pounds thin strips round steak
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms
- 1 large red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sage Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1/8 cup olive oil Garlic powder Paprika Pepper Grated cheese to taste Sprinkle of Italian seasoning
1. Cut meat into 3 x 1/2-inch strips. Cut the bell pepper the same way. Cut mushrooms into slices. Slice onion thinly and mince garlic finely.
2. Pan brown the meat at medium high for about 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Lower heat and sauté for about 10 to 15 minutes until a nice, beefy sauce is made in the pan. Serve on garlic French bread.
3. Garlic Bread: Slice bread in half lengthwise. Butter both cut sides. Add remaining ingredients, sprinkling evenly on both halves.
4. Microwave 30 seconds or heat in the oven 5 minutes. Serve with “Philly” steak or a side dish.