LEMON AMBROSIA CUPCAKES
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine — softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, lemon peel, and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition.
3. Fill paper bake cups in muffin pans half full with batter. Combine coconut and pecans; sprinkle atop cupcakes, pressing lightly into batter.
4. Bake in 375 degrees F. oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen cupcakes (1 per serving).
Per Serving: 141 Calories; 6g Fat (40.3% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 26mg Cholesterol; 100mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.