Mozzarella Basil Melt
- 6 slices sourdough sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 2 firm-ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4-inch thick
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4-inch thick Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil.
2. Place three slices, oil side down, on a 10 x 15- inch baking sheet and layer evenly with basil leaves, tomato slices and mozzarella slices.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread slices, oil side up.
4. Broil sandwiches 6 inches from heat, turning once, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes total. Serve immediately.