Orange Blossom Dessert
- 1 tube angel food cake, cut into 3 layers.
- 1 16 oz. can crushed pineapple; drained and save liquid
- 1 small pkg. of orange gelatin
- 1 6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate; thawed
- 1 11 oz. can mandarin orange sections, drained (discard liquid)
- 1 16 oz. tub frozen whipped topping; thawed
1. To 3/4 c. drained pineapple juice add gelatin. Mix and beat until dissolved. Add 6 oz.can of orange juice. Drain can of orange slices and discard juice.
2. Reserve 12 sections of oranges for garnish. Cut up rest and add to orange juice mixture. Add drained pineapple and 1/2 tub of frozen topping; mix well.
3. Cut angel food cake into 3 layers. Place top of cake or widest section on plate. Top with 1/3 creamed mixture. Add the next layer of cake and 1/3 of mixture, then the last layer of cake. Frost sides with remaining 1/2 of cool whip.
4. Frost top with remaining 1/3 of creamed mixture. Garnish with reserved orange sections and cherries if desired.