- 2 lb fish fillets; fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 4 oz green chile peppers;
- 1 cn,
- 1 tablespoon orange peel; finely shredded
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup onion; chopped,
- 1 sm.
- 2 each bay leaves
- 2 each cloves garlic; minced
- 1 each orange; thinly sliced,
- 1 lg
1. Green Chiles should be rinsed, seeded, and chopped. Thaw fish fillets if frozen. Place fish fillets in a 10-inch skillet.
2. Add boiling water to cover and simmer, covered, 5 to 8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
3. Drain fish; arrange in a shallow dish. Combine vinegar, oil, chile peppers, orange peel, orange juice, onion, bay leaves, garlic, 1 tsp salt, and 1/8 t pepper. Pour over the fish. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
4. Drain off marinade and transfer fish to a serving dish. Serve cold, garnished with the orange slices.