- 1 1/4 cups pistachio
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Shell the pistachio. Blanch the nuts by placing them in a bowl and pouring boiling water over it. Let stand for 1 minute.
2. Drain, and peel the pistachios. Blend the nuts, the milk, the eggs, and the sugar until you have a green smooth liquid.
3. Pour into a saucepan. Cook over low heat until the custard thickens, about 25 minutes or so. Do not boil or it will curdle.
4. Let the mixture cool and add vanilla and almond extracts. Stir and Fold in whipped cream.