- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 9 ripe red plums
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat and bring to boil.
2. Cool sugar syrup completely. Halves and pit the plums. Transfer to food processor and purée. Strain purée through sieve into bowl.
3. Stir in 1 cup of the sugar syrup (reserve the rest for another use) and add the lemon juice.
4. Pour into ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.