Southern Shrimp Sandwich
- 3/4 pound (340 grams) cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped green pepper (capsicum)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped scallion, green and white parts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste Hot sauce to taste (optional)
- 6 hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) shredded lettuce
1. Combine shrimp, vegetables, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and hot sauce (if desired) in a bowl and toss to combine thoroughly.
2. Spread the buns with butter and divide the lettuce among them.
3. Top with the shrimp mixture.
Yield: 6 marvelous sandwiches