SUGAR-FREE ICE CREAM BASE
- 1 tsp. plain gelatin
- 1.5 cups low fat milk
- 3.5 tsp. NutraSweet sweetener
- 2 tbs. nonfat dry milk
- 1.5 cups buttermilk dash salt
1. Soften gelatin in 1/2 cup milk. Heat in a small saucepan until the gelatin dissolves.
2. Remove from heat, stir in NutraSweet, and place saucepan in another bowl of cold or ice water to cool to room temperature.
3. Pour mixture into a blender or food processor, add rest of milk and remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to freeze.
4. Blend for a few seconds before pouring into the ice cream maker. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for freezing. Makes one quart.