Vidalia Onion Finger Sandwiches
- 2 medium Vidalia onions, thinly sliced Lime juice
- 8 slices soft wheat bread
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (no stems)
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
1. Place sliced onions in a bowl. Sprinkle with freshly squeezed lime juice. Toss gently.
2. Lay out bread and spread with a very thin layer of softened butter or margarine. This keeps the bread from getting soggy.
3. Put onion slices on prepared bread and top with cilantro and tomatoes. Cover with slices of bread, also spread with butter.
4. Carefully cut off and discard crusts and cut sandwiches diagonally. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Makes 8 sandwiches.