- 3/4 cup cooked black beans
- 1 lb. stew beef, cubed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup diced green chilies
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 to 4 beef bouillon cubes, or beef base
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack OR cheddar cheese
Brown stew beef in oil with onion and green pepper.
Combine all ingredients except cheese and cook 6 to 8 hours on low.
Sprinkle cheese over individual servings.