- 12 sl sourdough bread — or
- 6 sl whole-grain bread — halved
- 1 3/4 cups mozzarella or monterey jack — shred
- 1 1/2 cups cooked beef, lamb or pork
- cut bite-size
- 1 cup carrot or zucchini — shred
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves — crumble
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves — crumble
In a 10x6x2 baking dish, layer bread slices to cover bottom of dish.
Sprinkle cheese, meat and veggies over bread. In a bowl, stir together
the eggs, milk and seasonings till well mixed. Pour carefully over
ingredients in baking dish Cover.
Let stand 1 hour at room temperature or
in fridge for longer periods. Uncover. Bake 325~ for 50 to 60 minutes or
until center is nearly set. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into squares.