Chocolate Lava Cakes a warm chocolate cake with a soft, moist center.
- 6 (1 oz.) squares semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen raspberries thawed, pureed in blender confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, softly beaten fresh mint sprigs, optional fresh raspberries, optional
1. Spray inside of 6 individual souffle dishes or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Over low heat, in small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate, stirring until smooth; add butter and sugar; stir until butter is melted and sugar has dissolved.
3. Transfer to large bowl.
4. In small bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking powder; whisk well to combine.
5. With electric mixer, beat chocolate mixture at medium-high speed; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; add dry ingredients; beat until thickened, about 5 or
6 minutes.6. Divide mixture evenly among prepared dishes; cover with plastic wrap; place in freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight.
7. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove from freezer; discard plastic wrap. Place on baking sheet and bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are set and center is moist.
8. Cool slightly before carefully inverting onto serving plates.
9. Drizzle with raspberry puree; sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar; top with whipped cream; and garnish with mint leaves and add fresh raspberries if desired.