- 3 pounds Whole chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Light vegetable oil
- 2 cups Chopped Vidalia onions
- 3/4 cup Walnuts — lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped scallions
- 3/4 cup Finely chopped cilantro
- 1 1/3 cups Homemade mayonnaise
- You may use commercial mayo
- Fresh ground black peppe
Place the chicken breasts in a saucepan with enough water to cover.
Bring to a boil, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, reduce the heat, and simmer
until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Drain the
chicken and allow to cool.
Remove and discard the skin. Remove the chicken from the bones and tear
the meat into shreds. Place in a salad bowl and set aside.
Heat the oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the
onions, stirring, until deep golden brown, about 20 minutes. Drain the
onions and add them to the chicken. Cool to room temperature.
Add the walnuts, scallions, and cilantro to the chicken. Toss with the
mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper. Serve the salad at room