- 1 pound Top sirloin steak — 1″ thick
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 cups Romaine — torn in bite-size
- 2 Oranges; peeled — separated
- 1/4 cup Walnuts — toasted
- 2 tablespoons Orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Preparation time: 24 minutes Prepare the Citrus Vinaigrette by
thoroughly combining all ingredients.
Makes about 1/3 cup.
Prepare the salad: Cut the beef into 1/8″ strips; cut each strip in
half. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
Stir fry beef (1/2 at a time) 1 to 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted
spoon; season with salt, if desired.
Toss lettuce, beef and oranges in a large bowl. Sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle with the Citrus
Vinaigrette. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
Serve immediately. Serving suggestions: Sesame bread sticks.