Cobb Salad recreate this famous Brown Derby salad of crisp greens layered with rows of chives, tomatoes, chicken, bacon, avocado, eggs and cheese. Served with their famous French dressing.
- 1/2 head romaine
- 1/2 head of lettuce
- 1/2 bunch watercress
- 1 small bunch chicory
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled
- 6 strips crisp bacon
- 1 avocado
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 cup crumbled imported Roquefort cheese
- 1 cup Brown Derby Old- Fashioned French Dressing (see page 21)
1. Using a sharp knife, finely cut lettuces, watercress and chicory; transfer to salad bowl. Halve tomatoes and remove seeds; dice small and sprinkle over greens.
2. Dice chicken breasts and arrange over diced tomatoes. Top with finely chopped bacon.
3. Cut avocado into small pieces and arrange around the edge of the salad bowl. Sprinkle salad with chopped eggs, chopped chives and crumbled cheese.
4. Just before serving toss with French dressing.
Serves: 4 to 6