- 2 pounds tortellini, spinach-filled
- 1/2 pound Prosciutto — thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound peas, frozen
- 1/3 cup basil, fresh — washed & torn
- 1/8 cup parsley — fresh, chopped
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 each garlic cloves — peeled & pressed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
Boil pasta until al dente, and rinse with cold water. Trim fat from
prosciutto and cut into small squares. Steam peas until just tender and
cool rapidly with cold water.
In a small bowl blend all of the dressing ingredients EXCEPT olive
oil. Mix well with wire whisk. While still whisking, add olive oil
until dressing is well blended.
Combine tortellini, prosciutto, and peas in a large bowl. Add half of
the dressing. Toss gently. Add basil and toss until well mixed. Chill.
Just before serving moisten with remaining vinagrette and put in
serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan cheese.