- 200 g flour
- 40 g butter or margarine
- 350 ml milk
- 8 g yeast
- 2 g salt
- Heat the milk until lukewarm.
- Mix the salt with the flour and make a well in the middle.
- Mix the yeast with a little lukewarm milk and pour this into the well, together with 2/3 of the rest of the milk.
- Stir to a thick, smooth batter. Add the rest of the lukewarm milk (keep stirring!).
- Cover the batter with a dampened cloth and leave in a warm place (for instance on a radiator) for
- Grease a special poffertjes pan with butter.
- Fill each of the ‘wells’ of the pan with some of the batter and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve the poffertjes hot with butter and caster sugar — enjoy!
- I enjoy them with butter, icing sugar and then a little maple syrup, that’s how they serve them
here in OZ. yummmm.