Aloha Banana Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups quick−cooking oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together the oats, pecans, brown sugar and butter until well combined. Press firmly into the
- bottom and up the sides of a 9−inch springform pan. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 eggs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Beat together the cream cheese, bananas, 3/4 cup sugar and lemon juice until well blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour into the crust. Bake for 40 minutes. While the cake is baking, prepare Sour Cream Topping.
Sour Cream Topping
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract Banana slices (for garnish )
2. Mix together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract until well blended. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and top with the sour cream mixture. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more. Cool slightly. Loosen the cake from the sides of the pan and remove the springform. Cool the cake to room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Garnish with banana slices before serving.