Barbecued chicken Sandwiches
In a crockpot, combine the following:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean stew beef
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups finely chopped green bell pepper
Combine the following ingredients:
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
1. Blend all of these ingredients well and add to the crockpot.
2. Stir into the meat, onion and pepper mixture.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 8 hours.
4. Stir to shred meat before serving on buttered rolls or pita bread.
NOTE: If you do not have a crockpot, you can simmer this mixture on top of the stove. Use a very heavy Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid. This may also be served over rice rather than using rolls, if desired. Leftovers freeze great.