Black & White Brownies
- 1 c Cake flour
- 1 ts Baking powder
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Shortening, softened
- 1/2 c Granulated sugar replacement
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ts Vanilla extract
- 1 tb Water
- 1/4 c Unsweetened coconut, grated
- 1 ts Coconut milk
- 1 oz Baking chocolate, melted
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Cream shortening and sugar replacement until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract and water.
3. Divide batter into two equal parts. To one part add unsweetened coconut and coconut milk. Stir to completely blend. To the remaining half, beat in the melted chocolate.
4. Spread coconut mixture on bottom of well-greased 8-in square pan. Spread chocolate layer on top of coconut layer. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 min. Cut into 1 x 2 inch bars.