Caramel Chocolate Chip Cake
- 2 c All-purpose flour
- 1 c Packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c Granulated sugar
- 1/2 c Semisweet chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 1/2 c Shortening
- 1 1/4 c Milk
- 3 ts Baking powder
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts Baking soda
- 1 1/2 ts Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Caramel fluff frosting recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 13 x 9 x 2″ rectangular baking pan.
2. Beat all ingredients except Caramel Fluff in a large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
3. Neat on high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
4. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes; cool completely.
5. Frost with Caramel Fluff. Store in refrigerator.