Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Smoked Almonds
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon leaves Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped smoked almonds
- 6 lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 12 slices fresh bread, your choice
1. In a bowl stir together chicken, 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, green onion, tarragon, smoked almonds and pepper.
2. Mound mixture evenly on 6 slices of bread, top lettuce and remaining 6 slices.
3. Cut diagonally and serve.
Makes 6 sandwiches.