Chocolate Brownie Oatmeal Cookies
- 12 oz Semisweet chocolate pieces, melted
- 8 oz Cream cheese; softened
- 1/2 c Margarine or butter, softened
- 1 c Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 ts Vanilla
- 1 1/2 c All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 ts Baking soda
- 3 c Quaker Oats, uncooked (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 c Chopped nuts Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Beat together cream cheese, margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
2. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Add combined flour and baking soda; mix well. Stir in oats and nuts; mix well. Cover; chill at least 1 hour.
3. Heat oven to 350 F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to
10 minutes or until cookies are almost set. (Centers should still be moist. Do not overbake.)
4. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.