Chocolate Chip Grape Nut Bread
- 1 c Grape nuts
- 2 c Buttermilk (low fat 1.5%)
- 2 c Sugar
- 2 Eggs or
- 1/2c egg substitute
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 3 1/2 c Flour
- 1 ts Baking soda
- 2 ts Baking powder
- 1/2 c Chocolate chips
- 1 ts Vanilla
1. Soak Grape-Nuts in buttermilk for 10 minutes. Beat sugar and eggs or substitute together in a large bowl.
2. Add milk/Grape-Nuts mixture and vanilla.
3. Sift flour with salt, soda and powder and stir thoroughly into the Grape-Nuts mixture.
4. Add chocolate chips and mix well. Pour into 2 non-stick sprayed 9 x 5 loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 2 loaves, or about 20 servings.