Crusty Honey ’n Oats Bread machine recipe for making a healthy and delicious bread.
- 2 packets of active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt melted butter Italian herb mixture dried Monterey Jack cheese grated Parmesan cheese toasted oats
1. Combine yeast, buttermilk, egg, flours, oatmeal, honey and salt in bread machine pan.
2. Turn bread machine on light setting; cook according to manufacturer’s directions.
3. When done, remove to wire rack to cool.
4. Brush cooled bread with melted butter; sprinkle lightly with Italian herbs, dried jack cheese, grated Parmesan, and toasted oats.