Eggless Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, cut into
- 6 thin slices
1. Pour egg substitute into an 8-inch nonstick skillet; cover tightly and cook over very low heat for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Cool completely.
3. Dice egg and place in a small bowl.
4. Add celery, onion and mayonnaise; mix well. On each of 6 bread slices, place a lettuce leaf and a tomato slice; top each with 2 to 4 tablespoons egg salad and finish with a remaining bread slice.
Makes 6 servings.