Lemon Fluff Pudding Cake
- 3 tbsp. soft butter or margarine
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1/4 c. juice from lemons
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Cream butter, 1/2 cup sugar and flour in mixing bowl,add egg yolks, beat well. Stir in lemon rind, juice and milk.
2. In a separate bowl add salt to egg whites and beat until stiff; gradually beat in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar; fold into first mixture.
3. Pour into a 1 1/2 quart buttered baking dish; set dish into a shallow pan of boiling water one inch deep. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Cool.
4. Serve with or without whipped topping. Makes a delicate cake on top of a refreshing lemon sauce.