Sloppy joes done only the way Famous Dave can. Well-seasoned with a bit of heat.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon steak & burger seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split, buttered and toasted
1. In heavy skillet, over medium-high heat, brown ground beef; drain well. Add onion, green pepper, jalapeno, seasoning and chili powder. Stir well to combine and crumble; continue cooking until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring constantly.
2. Add cayenne, BBQ sauce and mustard; stir well to combine and heat through.
3. Spoon onto split buns. Serve hot.