Black and Blue Talapia blackened seasoning coats butter-brushed tilapia that is covered with bleu cheese.
- 1 (4 oz.) tilapia (or salmon, grouper, halibut, sea bass, swordfish) blackened fish seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter, melted chopped parsley lemon wedge, for garnish
- 3 1/2 oz. blue cheese salad dressing, store bought, for serving
1. Place talapia filets, darkest or skin-side down in pie plate or shallow dish. Brush with melted butter. This is the presentation side.
2. Season heavily with blackened fish seasoning.
3. Brush skillet with melted butter; carefully flip seasoned filet into skillet; brush dark side of filet with melted butter.
4. Place skillet over medium-high heat; halfway through cooking, carefully flip and continue cooking until internal temperature of fish is 150 degrees F.
5. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and lemon wedge. Serve with blue cheese dressing.