Tiramisu An Italian masterpiece. This stunning dessert fea tures delicate ladyfingers dipped in espresso coffee and covered with an airy filling of whipped mascarpone.
- 24 ladyfingers, toasted in a 375
degree F oven for 15 minutes
- 2 cups espresso coffee, cooled
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3 – 6 tablespoons granulated
sugar, to taste
- 1 lb. mascarpone, softened
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons Triple Sec
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons orange extract
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate,
1. Arrange ladyfingers on plate and sprinkle with cooled espresso.
Place half the ladyfingers in single layer in a rectangular serving dish.
2. In medium bowl, beat the egg yolks with sugar until yolks turn pale in color. Add mascarpone, liquors and extract, stirring gently to blend.
3. In separate bowl, beat egg whites vigorously with wire whisk until stiff. Gently fold whites into mascarpone mixture.
Spread half this mixture over ladyfingers; sprinkle with half the chopped chocolate.
Repeat layering, starting with remaining soaked ladyfingers.
4. Cover with foil and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.