Hawaiian Crab Cakes
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 each garlic cloves; minced
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 each egg yolk; beaten
- 1/4 lb butter
1. Heat oil in skillet.Saute onions and garlic 5 mins.
2. Add the tomatoes,salt and pepper and cook over low heat 5 mins. Cool 10 mins.
3. Flake the crab meat,stir in the onion mixture,coconut,and egg yolk.
4. Shape into 12 patties for a meal or into smaller cakes or balls for hor d ‘ oeurves.
5. Saute in butter until lightly browned on both sides.