Strawberry Short-cut Cake Similar to an all-in-one strawberry shortcake, this easy, delicious cake is perfect for any occasion.
- 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 cups mashed strawberries
- 3 oz. pkg. strawberry flavored Jell-O® gelatin
- 1 white or yellow cake mix
- 2 Oil, water and eggs per package instructions
1. Heat oven to 350°. Generously grease a 13″x9″ pan. Sprinkle marshmallows over bottom of pan. In a bowl, combine mashed strawberries and gelatin then set aside. Make cake batter according to package directions.
2. Spread batter over marshmallows in pan. Spoon strawberry mixture evenly over batter. Bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
3. Place cake on a wire rack to cool. When cake has cooled completely cut and serve inverted or invert onto a large serving plate or foil-covered board or square of cardboard.
4. Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream or whipped topping.
Makes about 12 servings.