- 4 sausage patties
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups pancake batter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large skillet, saute sausage until browned.
- Pour off any fat from skillet, add apple slices, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Saute 1-2 minutes until apples just lose their crispness. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a well-seasoned 9-inch iron skillet and heat in preheated oven until bubbly and hot.
- Arrange the sausage in the pan, cover with apples, distributing evenly.
- Pour the batter over the apples and bake until nicely browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Cut into pie-shaped wedges and serve immediately.