- ***FOR SOURDOUGH STARTER***
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 package dry yeast
- FOR HOT CAKES
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- To prepare starter: Mix together 2 cups flour, 2 cups warm water, and 1 pkg. dry yeast in a
- Cover with damp cloth and let stand in a warm place overnight or for at least 6 hours. (If left in oven, there is not need to turn on oven; pilot light will provide enough heat or turn electric oven to
- To prepare Hot Cakes:
- Measure 1/2 cup sourdough starter and place in closed…
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- Use 1/4 cup batter for one medium-size hot cake. Pour onto hot griddle.
- Turn hot cake when top is covered with bubbles and edges looked cooked.
- Brown on second side.
- Serve with honey and melted butter.
- Makes 8 Hot Cakes.